GEAR PRO for Solaris 10 with Trusted Extensions
GEAR PRO Archive for Trusted Solaris 10 is a powerful data recording utility that leverages the portability, universal readability and durability of CD and DVD for Trusted Solaris 10 systems.
- Back up mission-critical data to CD and DVD media
- Restore single files or entire directory trees
- Create conventional ISO/UDF/Rockridge file format discs that are portable between Trusted Solaris and virtually any other operating system (including Windows PC)
Professional CD and DVD Recording Capability
Command-Line and Graphical User InterfaceUse the command-line interface for direct control, or the GUI for quick drag-and-drop projects.
Archive your filesArchive graphics, databases, email, third-party generated data files, audio, digital photos and video
Ease of useSupports tar-like syntax Supports latest IDE CD and DVD recordable drive with GEAR 'Dynamic Drive Detection' technology Automatically initiates support for new recorders (automatic drive recognition) without requiring driver or configuration file updates
Key Features: It's "tar like" command line syntax makes saving files to CD or DVD and restoring those files to a hard disk a snap. The file system(s) on the disc is user selectable from ISO + Rockridge + UDF, or a proprietary file system that preserves the Trusted Solaris file attributes. The application is controlled via a command line interface or without human intervention via a shell script or other calling program. To restore the files from the disc the user can either mount the disc by the operating system and use normal file I/O or use the extract feature. To restore files that were save with the Trusted Solaris file attributes, the geartar extract option must be used.
- Distribute documents, secure materials, and other data on CD or DVD
- Archive graphics, databases, email, third-party generated data files, audio, digital photos and video
- The only product on the market to support copying files to optical storage while preserving all the Trusted Solaris file attributes
- Compatible with Sun's Trusted Solaris 8 SPARC and x86 platforms
- Supports tar-like syntax
- Supports latest IDE CD and DVD recordable drive with GEAR 'Dynamic Drive Detection' technology
- Supports most legacy devices, e.g. CD-R(W), DVD-RW, DVD+/-R recorders
- Automatically initiates support for new recorders (automatic drive recognition) without requiring driver or configuration file updates
- Scripting capability for unattended recording or backup operations to disc
- Easy file selection with the use of optional include files
- Able to select erase before writing to erasable media
- Simultaneously supports the ISO9660 and UDF file system formats, including Rock Ridge extensions for UNIX compatibility
- Automatic selection of maximum read and write speeds
- Read and write physical (ISO) images for both CD and DVD
- Maintains system security by only allowing users who are assigned the appropriate Solaris "authorization" to operate the software
- Privilege assignment controlled via Solaris Rights Profiles
GEAR PRO Archive for Trusted Solaris (Sparc & x86) works with most IDE and SCSI recorders. For Trusted Solaris machines with IDE controllers, standard IDE recording hardware is supported natively. For Trusted Solaris machines with SCSI connections to peripherals, use of an IDE-to-SCSI bridge card (external enclosure optional) as an attachment to the IDE recorder is required. The IDE-SCSI bridge card is available from GEAR Software with your software purchase.
Please contact email@example.com to request a demo.
GEAR PRO UNIX Products
- GEAR PRO UNIX 5.20
• Solaris 8,9,10 x86/SPARC
• IBM AIX 5.x
• HPUX 11.x
- GEAR PRO for Solaris 10 w/ Trusted Extensions
• Solaris 10 x86/SPARC
- GEAR Trusted Solaris
• Solaris 8 x86
- GEAR PRO UNIX 4.12
• SGI Irix 6.x
• HPUX 10.x
•Tru64 and Digital UNIX
Interested in our UNIX Software?
To purchase GEAR PRO UNIX, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Turn-key External DVD/CD Solution
Along with your purchased copy of GEAR PRO UNIX software, GEAR can provide a turn-key hardware solution for SCSI UNIX boxes...more information is available here.